Sunday 4 October 2009

First snows

I just woke up and pulled back the curtain to see that yesterdays storms have left the first dusting of snow of the new season on the tops of the hills. Always exciting moment and a call to get ready for the mixed climbing season.


I spent most of last winter worrying myself out of trying the route I really wanted to try and messing about on other things I wasn’t so focused on. When I finally did try it, I actually did get off the ground and got to the crux. It’s easy to realise in hindsight that life is too short for worrying you’ll get nowhere.


So this season I’ll get right on it. I’ll still probably fail, but on this route, if I can fail even a couple of moves higher, that will be awesome.

1 comment:

  1. "if I can fail even a couple of moves higher, that will be awesome"

    Brilliant! And not just applicable to climbing.

    ReplyDelete